International Paper’s global supply chain includes more than 75,000 suppliers that provide products and services from around the world.
An efficient and responsible supply chain is key to obtaining quality raw materials and services that support our operations and ensure we meet our customers’ needs. We establish and enforce guidelines to ensure our suppliers operate ethically and responsibly throughout our supply chain.
- Establishing or improving upon processes that drive transparency and accountability
- Setting legal, ethical, and business expectations and monitoring compliance
- Improving collaboration, innovation, and deliberate improvement with suppliers
- Enhancing our strategic sourcing process to improve risk reviews of suppliers
- Conducting significant training with our sourcing and procurement personnel
- Initiating training for our suppliers and creating additional resources for our supply chain
Achieved: Implemented standardized scorecards to increase transparency, alignment and collaboration with targeted strategic suppliers
Stated Goal: Establish processes promoting transparency, managing risk by monitoring and identifying opportunities to collaborate with suppliers